Re: Removing the Headlight Plugs

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Removing the Headlight Plugs
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:18:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
"M. Secrest" wrote:

> Yo, listerati:
>
> I'm pulling the bonnet off my GT6-3 tomorrow, and my brother and I are
> going to blast clean its interior with walnut shells.
>
> My first question is, can you use the words "blast" and "walnut shells"
> in another sentence?

[Domestic] "Blast it! I can't get these walnut shells open without a
nutcracker!"

[Fantasy] "There was a ferocious blast, and the terrified little nuts
quivered in their walnut shells."

[Masochistic] "Walnut shells up the <name an orifice> are a blast!"

[Julia Child] "Just pick out the walnuts from the walnut shells and
blaaaaassst them into the turkey caaaavity."

> Secondly, I would like to know how the hell do I detach the plastic
> female headlight connector from the harness wires, so I can unbolt the
> bonnet and lift it free?  It looks to me as if I should take a small
> screwdriver, and wedge out each lead from the plug, but something about
> that process is eluding me.

You can remove the bonnet by pulling the bullet connectors apart at the
center of the grille. Just mark the wires first, then unclip them, roll
them up and put them in a plastic bag and tape it shut around the wire
protruding from the inner headlight surround.

If you want to remove the headlight connector and push the wire back
through the inner headlight surround, make sure the grommet is in good
shape before doing so. If it's crumbly and you can't find another, it's
a point ripe for water leakage and wire chafing. But, what you'll find
on the headlight connector is that the spade terminals are locked into
the plastic connector with a barb. You need a narrow, flat, thin pick to
push the barb out of the lock, and then you can pull the terminal out of
the connector.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....