RE: TR6: Camber question

To: "triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6: Camber question
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:49:14 +1030
Thank you all for your comments - I guess I missed a few other important
facts about the front suspension...

I didn't touch the upper fulcrum pins (except to replace the bushings), and
I'm almost 100% sure they are both the same orientation - I'll check up on
that tonight. I do know that the A-arms are on the right way, though... The
other thing is that the replacement vertical link is new, so if it's bent
then it came like that from the factory. I think it more likely that the old
link was bent...

I wasn't expecting the alignment to be anywhere near right when I put it all
back together, although I though putting the alignment shims back as they
were would have been a good start.

So, barring any other problems, I guess it's time to buy some alignment
shims and have a shop bring it back to within spec (hopefully).

Thanks for your advice,

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide