Re: purchase from Harbor Freight

To: rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: purchase from Harbor Freight
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:09:20 EST
In a message dated 2/18/2002 7:28:37 AM Mountain Standard Time,
rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm thinking about purchasing auto dollies from Harbor freight.

I don't know about their dollys, but I do know I'll 'never' buy from their
catalog again. I had a problem with the quality of an item I bought and it
took many, many phone calls, just to get through to someone.  I spend 30
minutes on hold one time! After weeks of jamming on the phone I finally got
authorization to return.  They said they would send a pick up order, weeks
more sent by.  I had stopped payment on an
American Express Card.  They kept rebilling AE.  It went on for about 6
months like that, me calling or trying to call, no pick up order, rebilling
AE.  Finally it comes to light that they has been sending the pickup order to
a shop in town, not to me. There is now a store in Albuquerque and I do go
there on occasion.  Most of their tools are crap but stuff like tarps, maybe
dollys, jack stands seem to be fine and pretty cheap too.  My experience was
that they just have 'no' customer service over the phone.  If there is no
problem then no problem.
Bob Paul