TR6 Hardtop anatomy

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Hardtop anatomy
From: "Chad Stretz" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:27:27 -0600
Hello everyone,
I've come out of a long lurk to ask some questions about the hardtop my
wonderful wife bought me for Valentine's Day.  (good woman)
I've always understood that the TR6
factory hardtops were all steel, but on this one the rear extensions(the two
pieces on each side of the rear window that travel down and form points)
appear to be made of plastic.  Could this be correct?  Not that it matters,
really, they look fine, it just struck me as being odd.  I'll get a closer
look when I have the top painted.

My other question is where can I find a replacement rear window seal?  TRF
says they have been out of stock for the better part of a year with no restock
in sight.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chad Stretz
73 TR6