cams and lifters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: cams and lifters
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:54:53 -0800 (PST)
Randall Wrote:

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:04:56 -0800
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: Hydraulic lifters?

The problem with adding hydraulic lifters to a TR6 is that they require oil
under pressure.  The solid lifters are only 'splash' lubed,

SNIP

Randall

So if someone were dumb enough to keep on driving their car long distances with
a persistent oil leak . . .letting it run low sometimes. . . . you might say
the cam would be one of the first things to suffer since it isn't getting
"splashed."

I measured my valve lift and was sure that I had a lobe that was wearing
slightly.  Well . .maybe not so slightly.

But now I'm wondering if ALL the lobes aren't wearing down pretty evenly
..except the one.

Oh cripes.

Scott Tilton
Killing car engines due to laziness in Leesburg VA
http://sports.yahoo.com