Re: Purpose of recession on deck around cylinders

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Purpose of recession on deck around cylinders
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:28:09 -0000
Hi Hugh
I only use Wellseal, this is a liquid version of what is already on the
gaskets, then re-torque after about 1000 miles. I don't have oil leaking
from the head joint, (it might as well, it seems to come from just about
everywhere else!). I was put on to Wellseal by my local engine guy, yes he
did stock the stuff, but wasn't after a sale as when I said I'd try it he
gave me a tube with my new engine bits!

Graham.