Coil with Big Resistor

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coil with Big Resistor
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:16:33 -0700
I have a coil with a big ceramic resistor bolted to the front of the
bracket.  The resistor is marked '+' on one terminal and the car is
positive ground.  My question is... how to hook it up?

My guess -- ignition (white) wire to unmarked (-) terminal on resistor.
Jumper wire from '+' on resistor to '-' on coil.  Then '+' on coil to
dizzy.

Actually I'm surprised that a resistor would have one end marked '+' as
I would have thought they worked the same either way.

Thanks for any advice.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson