Message text written by Hugh Fader
>1. Is there a way to verify that it works?
2. I recall reading that you could refill it with aquarium filter charcoal.
How do you get the thing apart to do this? Are there other user-seviceable
3. There are two fittings on the top: one for the vacuum line and one for
the fuel tank vent. One the side near the bottom is a third larger fitting.
The Moss catalog shows this going to an anti-run-on valve on later models.
don't have an anti-run-on valve. What do I do with this? Plug it, or leave
it as is?
1) I guess you can blow through it. There should be no restriction.
2) You should use activated charcoal. Whether aquarium charcoal qualifies
is anybodies' guess. The cap(bottom) is ultrsonically welded on. You may
be able to separate it from the canister by tapping on it with a hammer
around the edge. Tap the lip to try to drive it off and work your way
around the perimeter. You can solvent weld it (glue it) back on.
3) What year is your car? If it is a 72 or newer then this port is left
open. If your car is a 73 or later then there shoudl be the Anti-Run-On
valve there and the associated plumbing. Or you can leave it open.
/// email@example.com mailing list
/// To unsubscribe send a plain text message to firstname.lastname@example.org
/// with nothing in it but
/// unsubscribe triumphs
/// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool