Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald 1200 Convertible?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald 1200 Convertible?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:38:01 +0100
Hi Michael
Another thing to look out for is strange tyre wear patterns, or more precisely
one worn tyre on the front that looks out of place, this could indicate a bent
verticle link, I would not turn down a good car just because of this. I bent
one myself and it only takes slight force under the right conditions to do it.
What I would do is change that sucker if you can't get teh tyre wear sorted
with minor tracking alignment, yes you could set the suspension up to remove
the tyre wear by doing the camber castor etc but that is not teh point. It is
not much fun when a verticle link colapses. Also I found my Herald a bit
scitish with the front suspension set up as factory, but then that is for
cross plies and you won't be using those will you? I set the camber on the
front to about 1deg neg ie in at the top, which is much better for radial
tyres and gives back that driving on rails feeling to the car.

Graham.

---