New Stag

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Stag
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:19:03 -0700
Hi all :

Well, it's official, I'm the proud owner of a 1971 Triumph Stag, commission
T1611LD (I think) with the original engine and 4-sp manual transmission.
Needs lots of attention, but it made the 70 mile trip home under it's own
power !  (We won't talk about the fact it was raining, and the lights and
wipers don't work.)

Anyway, it seems the 'Big 3' don't carry much in the way of Stag parts.
Does anyone have any suggestions for parts vendors, either in or out of the
US ?  Anyone know if S.N.G. Barrat is still in business ?

Also, the car came with 72 spoke wire wheels that I'm told were standard
equipment in 71, and a set of optional alloy wheels from another car.  The
catalog I have shows not only different studs for the wire wheels (like the
TRs use) but different rear hubs as well !  Does anyone know if the wire
wheel rear hubs can be safely used with alloy wheels ?

Anyone have a Stag factory Spare Parts Catalog that they would be willing to
sell or have photocopied for me ?

TIA
Randall