Re: Odd rear lights

To: "John Summers" <trumpet@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Odd rear lights
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nelson@buckeyetriumphs.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:44:25 -0400
Subject: Odd rear lights

| The other night as I was heading out for a drive I asked my wife to check
my
| tail lights.  They were "seeable" with headlights on but when I put on the
| brakes the left side went dark.  This is far too complicated for me, any
| ideas?
| John Summers
| '74 TR 6

Hi John,

I agree with Scott that you likely have the ground missing from the left
combined tail light & brake light socket.   I've found that this problem is
usually due to corrosion in the socket.  New sockets are of the same design
so they will likely develop the same problem.  The sockets can be repaired
so that they are likely not to fail in the future.   A description of how to
do this is on the Buckeye Triumphs website.  Go to link below and scroll
down and click the note on Repairing TR6 Taillights.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/index_technical.htm

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)