door locks

To: "Rolf" <krugerr@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: door locks
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:12:24 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rolf"
>I'm going to install new door locks that I purchased.  Can I use that tool
they have at every Kragen auto supply store for removal of teh door handle
work.  Do I have to purchase some other tool somehwhere?  Should this be
pretty easy?
<

Rolf,  unfortunately, no.  This tool is for removing the spring clip
typically
found on American cars.  Your TR (you don't say what model but I assume
it is a in the TR2-6 range) uses a round pin through the center.  To get it
out
you need to push back the door panel (there is a spring underneath) and
the round trim piece to expose the pin and then push it out with a small
drift or a nail.

Lower tech and more difficult but it doesn't require a "special tool."

Dave
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8