Re: Aftermarket Steering Wheels

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Steering Wheels
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 14:07:51 -0400
At 11:31 PM 5/30/02 -0400, you wrote:
>> Considering replacing the stock steering wheel in my '65 TR4A with a wood,
>> 13", dished variety. Would be interested in hearing from listers about the
>> relative merits of Moto-Lita vs. LeCerrera, or any other brand or style
>that
>> others have experience with.
>>
>> The original wheel is beat, flimsy, and I have always wanted a wood wheel.
>The
>> smaller size affords a bit more room for my 6'4" frame.
>>
>> TIA for any advice or input. Please reply directly.
>>
>> Bruce Storm
>> '65 TR4A CT56562

I just returned from another trip to my local Advance Auto Parts store.
While there I noticed they have a wood wheel made by Grant that looks
pretty nice (dark wood) which has a TR adapter.  Price is $120.  I'm
thinking about putting one in my -4 if I ever get to point where the car
will need a steering wheel :-{  I'm caught in Shipwright's Hell.

Jim