Re: WTT: kingdom for innertubes http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WTT: kingdom for innertubes http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 03:46:57 GMT
>Message text written by Steven Newell
>>My new skinny Dunlops started to arrive from TireRack
>by ground yesterday

I cheaped out and bought the Kumhos.  I think they may be stickier.  They are
cheaper.  28 USD instead of 40 USD each.

>I'm trying to
>turn up new innertubes. Apparently tire shops and auto
>parts stores in Denver are NOT where you find innertubes.

>The tires are stock 165R15 on
>4 1/2" 60 spokes.

Same here.

>What about The Tire Rack?

I don't think they stock them.

>I bought tubes from British Wire
>Wheel in CA and from Henderson in (um, either South Carolina, North
>Carolina or Georgia, I forget which)  Same tubes, same price, same great
>service.

BWW quoted me something like 24 USD for each tube.

Paul Williams Tire in Minneapolis has tubes in stock for about 10 USD.  They
will mount and balance wire wheels for 16 USD each.  I bring them in Tuesday
morning, so we will see how they do. The claim to have everything to properly
mount (using the rim-clamp method often used for alloy wheels) and balance
(using
proper Dunlop inside/outside fixtures: although these are not necessary for
the newer Dayton wheels, they can't hurt!).

Phil "just getting new computer broken in" Ethier