Re: TR3A bonnet duz fasteners

To: Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A bonnet duz fasteners
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:07:39 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/2002 7:12:42 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca writes:

> Before I start the monotonous process of blindly moving the receiving
> bracket along one of six axis, tightening it, then trying to close the hood
> again, I thought I'd ask if any of you "experts" had come up with a short
> cut...

I seem to remember that the Dzus fastener anchor attaches to the inner
fenders with bolts through the inner fender and projecting into the wheel
well. If you loosen the bolts so that the anchor can be repositioned with a
little pressue, close the bonnet, twist the Dzus fittings into the anchor
plate with the bonnet closed it should position itself perfectly.  Tighten up
the bolts inside the wheel well, open  bonnet and check torque on the anchor
bolts.  I know i've done the bonnet height in a similar manner, measuring the
projection into the inner wheel well to estimate the amount of packing
required. seems to me that it positioned the anchor plate perfectly on the
horizontal plane.  Then again I seem to remember visiting the moon one
evening, but I've never worked for NASA.  Hmmmm.  Oh well, I'll have another
pint, that always clears the old brain.

Bob Paul
Corrales NM