Re: Shipping Tires

To: steph71tr6@crosswinds.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping Tires
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:59:14 EDT
British Wire Wheel wraps two pieces of cardboard around them at right angles
and bands them.

JB's Wire Wheels puts them in used TV cardboard shipping boxes and tapes
them....

Both ways seem to work!

If it's just the wheels, I pack two to a box, with cardboard between the
wheels.

Clark

By the way.....I've been using John at JB's.  He has worked for BWW for
several years, and has gone into business for himself....Has the correct type
of balancing machine for spoke wheels, mounts tires carefully.....he can even
stripe tires in red white or blue, different widths of stripes.  Does great
work.....quick turnaround time.....gets his tires from BWW at their cost to
you...can clean.....true.....etc.  He has been charging me $10 to check,
mount and balance......I pay UPS both ways......but it's done right!  Not an
ad for him......just wanted to pass along a good source for odd sized tires
with the proper mount and balance!  His phone # is
1-831-465-0617......address.....1770 A Jose Ave, Santa Cruz Ca 95062

C.