Well, after I replaced the diaphragms, I was able to get the carbs to
balance. I'm guessing the torn diaphragm on the rear was reducing the flow
to it. How, I'm not quite sure. Possibly because air is moving around the
I replaced the bypass valve on the rear carb, but may have screwed it up.
Idle seems to be hunting around a bit. If it persists, I'll probably do as
suggested by Dick Taylor and just block it off with a gasket.
1. A broken diaphragm reduces flow
2. The Gunson Carbalancer works fine
3. I satisfied my curiosity about what's inside the carbs.
Thanks for all the advice.
- Hugh Fader
/// email@example.com mailing list
/// To unsubscribe send a plain text message to firstname.lastname@example.org
/// with nothing in it but
/// unsubscribe triumphs
/// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool