what happened? clutch q?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: what happened? clutch q?
From: "Tim Purdy" <tim_purdy@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:50:52 -0700 FILETIME=[F8E62DA0:01C20D04]
I was driving my TR4 1964, and when I came to the stop light, I put it into
neutral.  When the signal light changed, I was unable to shift and put into
any gear.  At least I was on a down hill slope, so I could navigate it off
the street and park the same.  I was finally able to shift the gears and
drive it back home.  Since my mechanical skills are very limited.  Can
someone inform what the problem might be, and what I should inspect?  In
addition, I have to state everyone here is a wealth of information and truly
appreciate everyone's knowledge.  Anything regarding TR4's I just print out
and put into a binder for future reference.

Tim Purdy
TR4 64
Susanville, CA