re: TR4: what happened? clutch q?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4: what happened? clutch q?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 03:22:27 EDT
Tim,
Good diagnosis starts with a very detailed description of how your
disfunctional shifter felt - especially how it was different from normal in
order for folks to help you troubleshoot it.
Was the feeling crunchy at any time? gummy feeling? did stick move normally
sideways but not forward and back? were all gears including reverse
effected?, what did you do to finally get it to work?, is it ok now? does it
feel different after the incident?, any history of the tranny ie mileage, etc.
Without indepth info - I'd say tranny is getting worn out! .. maybe the
shafts aren't staying in line and creating some misalignment/shifting
difficulties inside..??
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

.. I was driving my TR4 1964, and when I came to the stop light, I put it
into
neutral.  When the signal light changed, I was unable to shift and put into
any gear.  At least I was on a down hill slope, so I could navigate it off
the street and park the same.  I was finally able to shift the gears and
drive it back home.  Since my mechanical skills are very limited.  Can
someone inform what the problem might be, and what I should inspect?  ..
Tim Purdy
TR4 64
Susanville, CA