RE: High Tensile Bolts

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, ZoboHerald@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, daveworne@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: High Tensile Bolts
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:07:41 +0000 FILETIME=[6EA06370:01C20D8D]
>From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
>To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
><daveworne@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: High Tensile Bolts
>Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:43:37 -0700
>
>Dave :
>
>SAE Grade 8 fasteners have a minimum tensile strength of 150,000 psi, which
>would appear to exceed your spec.  Grade 8 (and better) fasteners are
>readily available in the US, literally at almost any hardware store.

Yeah, except in Champaign-Urbana, (that's every hardware including
Farm `n Fleet, Lowes and Menards...) NO one had the specific
size I needed nor did they have nylocs rated the same strength. Of
course, if you want to buy in lots of more than 100 per item there's
always Fastenall.

>One such is McMaster-Carr, you can order on-line from them at

I prefer either Pegasus Racing Supply or Racer's Wholesale (Pegasus
got the stuff to me within 24 hours just recently...). What they sell
is Aircraft Grade. Once that's properly tightened nothing short of a
direct hit during a zeppelin raid will move it.

Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)