RE: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?

To: "'Douglas Shook'" <shook@usc.edu>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:39:57 -0400
Hi Doug.

I just went through this. Here's what I did:

Remove the flywheel and rear plate while it's on the hoist. It will have to
come off anyway to remove the crank.

Bought 3" lengths of pipe, fender washers, and screws long enough to go
through the pipe to the holes in the block.

Remove the rack from the stand and bolt it onto the block.

Slip the rack back into the stand.

Had a bit of trouble finding the right holes in the block to match the
mounting arms on the stand.

I've attached a picture.

Hope this helps.

- Hugh

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of Engine Distributor Side Original.jpg]