Re: High speed miss

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High speed miss
From: "jeffrey fenwick" <jfenwick@netcom.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:58:52 -0400
I've had this - crimped end on one lead was no longer making
solid contact with the centre core. Saw wild swings on the
electric tach a few miles before I felt the engine shudder.
Having assumed it was a bad tach connection, I was now a few
miles further from home ;-)
Could also be one of the plug leads is no longer a tight fit
on plug or dizzy.
I also had a bad coil that cut out around 4000 rpm. This
meant all 4 cylinders stopped firing until the revs dropped,
then it would fire all the unburned gas in the exhaust system
with a huge bang and smoke :-o

Jeff