Re: The ultimate trailer hitch test

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The ultimate trailer hitch test
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:47:20 EDT
Looks fake.

Front and rear suspension are still in compression, unloaded wheels should
show more droop.

The hitch is at a impossible angle for a rigid setup, swivel hitches do exist
but are generally only used for construction, off road or military
applications. The picture shows no evidence of trailer frame twist.  At
minimum the boat should be on a tilt.

The front of the truck shows zero damage.  With the boat wedged on top of
rocks, the front bumper should be bent.

If the truck drove straight off the road I'd suspect it to be on it's wheels
rather than it's side.

The tongue of the trailer should be bent down, there is no way thin wall 4"
square tube is going to resist a ~ 4800 LB static bending load and 2 or 3 or
more times dynamic loading.

The rocks in the background just don't look right. The near vertical lines
suggest bore holes for blasting, but all the holes I've seen are perfectly
vertical.  The rock to road line behind the van seems wrong.  It is too
abrupt of a transition and the lines are not parallel to each other.