RE: TR6 cams

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 cams
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:48:05 -0600
If you want to pay $150.00 CAD or about  $80.00 US try Colt Cams they
did a cam for my Fiat Cabriolet over the winter so far I'm very pleased
with the results but haven't put very many miles on it yet. When I
talked with Geoff Bardal at Colt he was very familiar with all Triumph
models, I will be sending him my spare cam for the TR3 some time in the
future. Lifters cost $3.00 CAD each to reface and test. One novelty
Geoff offer to create a cheater cam for me that would pass scrutineering
for stock class racing by grinding a Ford Cortina GT profile on the Fiat
cam it would have the stock lift but 15 degrees more duration. I opted
for a more modern dual profile cam with 270/274 advertised duration
220/224 @ 0.050" and .380" lift, the stock profile was 185 degrees @
0.050 and .320" lift (same as an MGA 1500 or a Nissan fork lift). The
turn around time for my cam including shipping was about 10 days.
http://www.coltcams.com/

NFI.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3