TR6 Floors

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Floors
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:50:13 -0700
<It doesn't look like it is possible to get the old floor panels out
without first removing half of the body.
I'm not afraid of cutting spot welds, it just looks like things overlap
such that everything else comes off first.
Has anyone done this job?
Can it be done without disassembling half of the car?
Would I be better off cutting out the rusted pieces of the floors and
welding in pieces of the new panels?
Any advice would be appreciated.>

I recently had to replace the driver side floor on my TR6 - BIG HOLES!
(Never looked under the carpets, saw them when the car was up on a rack!)
Had a welding/body fabrication shop fix them.  He took a new floor panel I
supplied, cut out the old panel up to the front of the driver seat and
welding in a matching section of the new one.  I took it there with all the
floor covering out and then removed the seat.  Turned out great.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 681-3400 x3214