hydrated carbs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hydrated carbs
From: "Scott Bloomer" <flaedersaft@cfaith.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:04:12 -0000
Here is a new one on me: After about 20 minutes a zipping around a very humid
June night in Minnesota in the TR4A, I opened the hood for the usual
inspection to see of the mill had been up to any mischief (crazy amp guage due
to slipping fanbelt, gas smell due to leaking rear float bowl, disappearing
coolant- the usual).

Lo and behold the carb flanges where they joined to the intake manifold were
beaded with water! I had noticed a new sucking sound under acceleration, which
I attributed to the high humidity. I imagine the water had condensed due the
marginal cooling effect of the vapor velocity change as it passed the carb
piston.

Scott
TR4A