Re: [Idle Speed] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5BJon328044

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Idle Speed] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5BJon328044
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:50:42 -0400
Hi Mike. If we could run negative RPMs, we'd have to empty the gas tank
periodically. Now that would be miraculous!

michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was sorry to see Hugh Fader's correction to his running narrative about
what the hero was up to during the last episode and that a drop of 1000 RPMs
(later corrected to 100) from idle was observed when the lights were turned
on.  Especially when he had previously indicated that the idle was fluctuating
from 500 to 900 RPMs.  I was prepared to attribute a negative 100 to 500 RPMs
to the miraculous power of Lucas electronics to do the impossible.  Those of
us with early, non adjustable, ZS carbs can be either thankful or sorry that
no adjustment can be made to our carbs.  Good luck Hugh, it sounds like you're
about to get the mysterious ZS carbs sorted out.