Re: Nigeria Letter

To: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Nigeria Letter
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:52:15 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Message text written by Todd Richmond
>As for my necessary LBC content, I have decided that the body I was
>attempting to
>restore on my '3 is just too far gone, and so I have bought a very solid
tub
>being shipped out of Michigan this week.  So, my question is, since I will
be
>using all the running gear from my old '3, which commission number should
>use?  The one from the replacement tub, or the one from which I am getting
all
>the rest of the car?

Todd, use the 50% rule.  That is use the number from the vehicle that
contributes the majority of the parts.  For convenience use the by weight
factor.  In other words, the tub weighs less than the
engine/frame/suspension so use that number.  Be sure to surrender the other
number with the other set of parts when you turn it in to the junkyard.

Be sure to disclose to the buyer the extent of parts replacement when you
sell.

>Or, maybe I should just add the two together and then divide by two to get
the
>average commission number? <g>

Why not?  Throw in some TR6 parts and you can call it a TR3.524.

Dave