Re: Red Wing (was : Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?)

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Red Wing (was : Is it OK for a TR lover to own a JAG?)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:24:51 -0500
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>

> Phil Ethier wrote :
> > I will probably wait until after VTR to go after that.
>
> Speaking of which, what can you tell us of the likely weather for VTR ?

Minnesota has a Continental Climate.  Predicting weather more than 5 days
out is virtually impossible.

That said, the week for which we scheduled the event is historically the
driest of the season, so the odds are in our favor to have the same
wonderful dry weather that we had in 1998.  The odds that we will have an
all-week rain-fest are very small.  But to DEPEND on no rain at all for the
week is not possible in this climate.  This isn't Seattle by a long shot,
but it isn't Las Vegas, either.

> Given that the rag top on my Stag is busted, can I leave the hard top at
> home ?

I would probably bring it.  Short-term weather forecasts are pretty
reliable, and there will be dozens of Triumph folks around to help you
remove and replace the top if needed.  If you had been here in 1998, you
could have removed the top on arrival and kept it off all week.  Being able
to say with certainty before you left home that it would not rain at any
time while you were here or on the trip both ways would be impossible.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org