WHEEL BEARINGS

To: Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>, Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WHEEL BEARINGS
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:52:05 -0400
HI all,
After reading a post recently about front wheel bearing adjustment &
tightness I checked the play on my own car. It seemed to be what I
considered normal play when the wheel was rocked. Before reading Dick
Taylors response I would have not given much more thought but I have
learned to consider the repairs and suggestions Dick makes. After
removing, repacking and adjusting the play to just about nil I must say
the difference is noticeable. The first thing is the double pump brake
pedal in a turn is gone. The front end definitely feels tighter over
washboard roads and through bumpy turns.
I would recommend a closer look at this adjustment simply because it's
so easily over looked. I do caution not to over tighten but just
eliminate the play.

--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6