RE: Tr3a switched circuit

To: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Tr3a switched circuit
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:42:25 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Dave,  to avoid the risk of overloading one of the circuits, I would
> suggest you invest in a relay.  Connect the power feed to the
> battery (or
> starter solenoid) (with a fuse) and connect the coil power to
> a white wire
> (at the coil for example).  The relay will energize any time
> the key is on
> and power the fan (through the thermostat, if you have one)
> and shut off
> the fan when the key is off.

Hi Dave et al,

Thanks for the info, I should have clarified, I have a relay for the the fan
itself and it is hooked to main circuit with an inline fuse.  I also have a
thermostat in the rad as a switch for the relay, I am looking for a switched
circuit to provide power to the thermostat to activiate the relay.  Not much
power required, just an accessable switched circuit.

David Templeton
'59 TR3a
'74 Spitfire