Seat belt buttons

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat belt buttons
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:12:08 -0400
I have the original inertial seat belts operating in my 72 TR6. The belts
are a bit grey after washing, but all works fine other than that, with one
exception. The latch mechanisms have each a 1" rectangular plastic button
with "press" written on a pink label. The retaining "fingers" of these
buttons have long since disappeared allowing the buttons to pop out of the
latch. I am always having to search about the car for the buttons to release
my belt. Is there a part number for these parts? Is anybody making just the
buttons? I don't feel like replacing the whole belt assembly when all that
is out of order is a small plastic piece.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6