Mid-Ohio Pictures

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mid-Ohio Pictures
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: rtr@richmondtriumphregister.com
Also on a separate note thanks to Scott Tilton for
sharing some of his photos of Mid Ohio.  I'm still kicking myself for not
planning my schedule so i could attend this once in a lifetime event.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6

Glad to share them.

I'm most assuredly no photographer . . . I just point and shoot, then crop
them down as required.

The others that were posted on Ofoto are better quality will readily admit.

None the less I've uploaded a few more photos to the album.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291717993

Some familiar names in there from the Triumph list:  Doug Ross, Irv Korey
and Jack Drews to name a few.

As  a side note to explain some of the photos. .. the upside down yellow TR4
is George Wright.  He snapped an axle and flipped, but he was fine.  Didn't
even scratch his helmet.  Needless to say he needs to do a little work to the
car.

There was at least one, maybe more families of Skunks living at the edges of
the track. Thankfully they could be seen but not smelled.
That is until Mike Jackson creamed one with his TR3 in practice.

The story I heard was that the next morning he pulled the cover off his car
and was torqueing his lugnut when he looked over at his car and saw the
adornment to his car.  He busted out laughing.

It sure was fun meeting some of the list members.
In particular thanks to FT for introducing me around to folks.

If anyone is interested in any of the images undoctored at 1600 x 1200 . . .
let me know and I'll send it to you.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 everyday
in Leesburg, VA