Re: TR3A controlbox headache/generator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A controlbox headache/generator
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:38:08 EDT
Fellow addicts:

Replaced the controlbox/regulator and generator and they work wonderfully
well together. Nice strong reading on the ammeter. The generator from Moss
was already neg, ground as is the car so it required no polarization. It's
made in India and you use your old pulley. No core charge either. Only $55
dealer price.
Had a scare for a minute but the yellow/green wire was off the regulator.
For good measure tried it with the one that came with the car and the one
that I replaced it with previously. The latest one, a Jap copy, which came
with a car I had purchased in Canada a few years ago, showed no ammeter
movement altho the light went out.
The previous one, the correct type, showed a reading on the ammeter as
charging but way less than the new one. When the light switch was pulled it
barely brought it back to center. Must be the first regulator was weak and
the second got damaged when the generator went south or perhaps my fiddling
with it had something to do with it.
What to do with the old ones? Throw 'em out?

Ray.. On the road again...in Brooklyn
59 TR3A BRG...CWW
TS74538