Re: differential

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: differential
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:46:03 -0600
Cc: sdaniels@gorge.net, bernd.vabeach@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Windoseat@aol.com wrote:

> Hi;
>
> One of the long held tenents of engineering is, "Don't force it, get a
> bigger hammer."

Reminds me of my place of work. Years ago, when ADA first became law, we
had to design a new wheelchair lift for the buses, and it required
brackets for the stow latches to be welded into the lower structure.
Someone in manufacturing engineering decided it would be a waste of time
to build a jig to do this (we don' need no steenkeeng jigs!). So, for
months, none of the brackets were positioned correctly. Everyone charged
with getting the lifts to work had a sixteen-pound sledgehammer to
"adjust" the steplock brackets.... (!)

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....