TR4 ZS Carbs - Choke Adjustment

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 ZS Carbs - Choke Adjustment
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:26:14 -0700
My TR4 runs fine except for start-up.  It won't start from 'cold'
without the choke (that's okay)... but with the choke pulled out it
starts and then runs very rough until it has warmed enough to idle with
the choke pushed in.

Is that as good as it gets?  My TR3 runs smooth on cold/choke starts and
just increases in speed as the engine warms up until finally I push in
the choke..

Is there some adjustment I should make or check on the ZS choke other
than that screw that rides against the cam and sets the throttle
setting?

I've consulted the Haynes manual and several websites on carbs but they
say very little about chokes.  I'm used to SUs but this system is
obviously enriching the mix in a quite different way and I'm not sure
just what is adjustable.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson