Re: TR3A Tenax source needed

To: "REDINGER, WILLIAM E" <wredinger@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Tenax source needed
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:40:05 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill,

It is indeed aluminum. I've seen 2 or 3 others in almost 20 years of
ownership, all late 59s/early 60s and very original from the factory. My
comm number is 65107L. Bill Piggot has referenced it in his book on page 29,
as cast aluminum to possibly save weight/cost/etc all on post 60,000 cars
and in limited production. These all had this unique "through the frame"
2-piece Tenax fastener which is currently unavailable anywhere? I'm in the
middle of having them rechromed.

BTW...on the note of uniqueness...my car also came from the factory sprayed
one of the experimental grays "Slate Gray." Any info you could supply would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA
59 TR3A Apple Green