RE: Viruses aboundS

Subject: RE: Viruses aboundS
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:12:20 -0400
>On a related topic, did anyone else hear the hoax reported on KFWB (LA area
>'all-new' radio station) that 'picture' files can now be infected by virii
>?
>They ran it several times over a 45 minute period, then I never heard any
>more about it.

Everybody's reacting to the idea that certain groups were comunicating by
encoeding mesages in pictoores and then distraibuting them via the Enternet.
Of course it takes a special program to read the messages, so a standard JPG
viewer etc... wouldn't be affected. At worst it would just see a region or
line of multi-coloured dots within the picture.

Mark Hooper

P.S. mis-spelling is deliberate. This subject is being scanned for sec-rity
reasons. Recommend it not be discussed on MJB's server. Stupid, but serious.