Re: Virus, no LBC & no PC Bashing!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net l .worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Virus, no LBC & no PC Bashing!
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- saffian@att.net wrote:
> For those of us chained to our Windows boxes, the
> obvious solution is to run a virus scanner (McAfee,
> Norton, etc.) update it regulary (i.e. weekly), and run
> a firewall (ZoneAlarm, etc.).  It's not foolproof, but
> this combination of tools has yet tolet me down.  Not
> that it couldn't happen tomorrow...
>
> Mark Saffian
> 1973 GT6 Mk III  KF22412U

... and I would add you could use a Web-based email server like I do.  I have
received approx. a dozen infected emails this year - none of which has had any
effect on my PC since the email was opened on the Web (but I do have Norton
Anti-Virus on my system as well)

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"