Re: Weekly compliment list

To: mhooper@pixelsystems.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weekly compliment list
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:35:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/2002 10:38:43 PM EST, mhooper@pixelsystems.com writes:

<<  So I thought I would pass the
 compliments along. >>

Thanks Mark......your note reminded me of a funny event from this past
Sunday....my wife & I were returning in the Spitfire from a cookout at my
mother's house when I pulled up at a traffic light in the right turn lane
behind a very nice Mercedes 450SL (top down) - man driving with woman
passenger.  He was really funny as he kept looking in the rearview mirror but
never turned around......I figured that he was checking his hair or looking
for spinach stuck in his teeth!

Well, anyway, he was able to turn right on red but then turned left a short
distance ahead where, by coincidence, I was going.  He had pulled off the
road and when I got just past him beeped his horn and both people waved &
yelled "we love your car".  They eventually pulled out way behind me by
turned off and disappeared.....no doubt to get home and put the Benz up for
sale and get a "real car"....ha, ha, ha!

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - on the road and ready for another driving
season!