Is that a raccoon or a TR6?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is that a raccoon or a TR6?
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:38:08 -0400
Back in the 80's when I got my TR6 I did a quick a dirty paint job. At the
time it seemed to me that the car looked better with the area around the
headlights and the underlip of the bonnet painted the same trim black as the
tail. Basically matching the black trim chevron inserted under the grill. I
drove it that way until 1989 when the poor machine collapsed, thence
requiring 10 years of pennance on my part for the rebuild (still not
completely finished, sigh...)

After having had my nice paint applied a couple of years ago I left out this
touch. Question, is there any sort of standard here? I remember liking the
underlip of the bonnet being black because it reduced the apparent thickness
of the metal and gave it a more lean look. However I thought I'd take the
time to ask the list before cracking open my paint pot. I already have a
black engine bay from those days and am seriously wondering if I should
strip that out and repaint with top coat colour. Don't want to compound the
problem.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6