TR3A Steering Wheel squeak

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Steering Wheel squeak
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:57:59 -0400
Saw the note below posted a couple of days ago, but have not seen any
replies. I have the same problem (and I HAVE replaced the felt bush). Surely
SOMEONE out there in cyberland has run into the same problem and has a fix.

My car's in a zillion pieces right now (started with the intent to re-spray,
but hey, you know how it goes...), but I'd still like to know the source of
the squeak BEFORE I reassemble, rather than put it back together and find
that the squeak's still there. Anyone? Anyone?

Ed's original post below...

I have a rather annoying squeak from the steering wheel, only noticeable
at slow speed turning, like when parking. No wobble or other looseness.
I realize there is supposed to be a felt washer there under the wheel, I
haven't removed the wheel as yet, don't really want to if possible. Anyway
to oil the area? Without taking the wheel off?
Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A) non adjustable column

Thanks!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry