Re: TR3 Steering Wheel Stator Tube

To: "triumphs-digest@autox.team.net" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Steering Wheel Stator Tube
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:09:14 -0400
Phil, I assume you removed the compression fitting (olive) at the front of
the steering box? I don't think the wires would have come out if you didn't,
but that's really all that holds the stator tube in place.

Don't know if this is possible, but maybe the two spring clips on the tube
have rusted to the outer tube. (I know, I know...rust on a TR is hard to
believe, but you never know.) Have you tried tapping it (gently!) INTO the
shaft to see it you could break it loose?

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry