Re: filters

To: RayAntoky@aol.com, vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: filters
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:05:34 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/02 6:01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RayAntoky@aol.com
writes:

<<  At cold
 start it the O/P was over 100. At hot idle between 45-50, and at speed at
 2500 3000 RPM it was in the 90 range. I probably should lessen the tension
on
 the spring now.  >>

Yes it would be a really good idea to reduce oil pressure.  Overly high
pressure will erode the crank bearings, will increase oil temps and reduce
HP.  I have a set of bearings from my Formula Ford ( 1.6 Kent, Brit content )
that have bearing erosion due to racing before the oil temp was up and the
pressure at a normal level. ( Cold pressure is ~ 100 PSI due to a too small
pressure relief, hot pressure is ~ 30 PSI at 6800 RPM and near 0 at idle)

A change in race schedule took me and other racers padlocked with me by
surprise.  By the time I got to grid the field was gone :(  , was let out
after the field went past then proceeded to pick off cars one by one.
Managed to finish first in class though :)

Harold