RE: Rant and Good vendor news

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rant and Good vendor news
From: Mike Smith <tr4a@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:17:04 -0700
Here is my cdn $.02 worth, here in Kelowna we have a really good supplier by
the name of Len Drake. He is an authorized Moss Motors distributor and he
has excellent service. Prices are better than anywhere I've found. You
should really check him out at http://www.drakesbritishmotors.com/main.shtml
. Even for you folks in the US, this is a bargain as he sells in cdn $$$$$
(pesos).
Thanks
Mike Smith
1965 TR4A Solid Axle

I agree with both of you on the subject of Canadian suppliers. Here in
Calgary one local shop charged me $2.00/ea for new screws for the
dashpots on the H6 SUs, another supplier who claims they can give better
prices than the big 3 has never got around to giving me prices on
anything they always ask me to leave a list of what I need with them and
they'll get back to me tomorrow and when that turn into a week or more I
phone TRF or Realey Healey and place my order. The only Canadian
supplier that has earned a first phone call from me is Octagon Motors in
Vancouver they where about 30% cheaper on my floor pans than anywhere
else even TRF on sale. I like using Realey Healey when I order from the
US because I can order out all of the Big 3's sale catalogs at one place
and get an additional discount of 5% on sale items and 10% on regular
prices, plus I only pay shipping from one location. And the biggest plus
of all Realey Healey knows better than to ship UPS into Canada so you
can avoid the 20-30% brokerage fees UPS charges for brokering customs
papers the post office charges a flat $5.00 fee and parcel post tends to
be faster than UPS ground.

my $0.02CAD

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A