Brakes? We don't need no stinkin' brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes? We don't need no stinkin' brakes
From: The Juice of One Lemon <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:57:01 -0700
Went out and removed the master cylinder.  I put a plastic bag
down over the fender do that the brake fluif wouldn't take the
paint off of it, and loosened the front brake pipe.  A little
fluif ran out; no big deal.  I wrapped plastic around it and
sealed it with a rubber band so that junk wouldn't get into it.

Then I loosened the back pipe, expecting a little fluif there as
well.  Not as much, as some had run out after the first
disconnecting, but a little.

Heh.

None.

None at all.  In fact, the fitting was dry as a bone, as well as
the port into which it is attached.

Now, I've never been real happy with the braking ability of this
car, but I just shrugged and thought that must have been how it
was in '73.  However, once I get the rear wheels to contribute to
the overall effort, I'm sure it will be much improved.

I wonder if the rear wheel cylinders are rusted into place?

Oh, and if one were to undertake the job of shaking the fluif out
of the brake servo, from which hole would it come?