A-type OD spacer / washer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A-type OD spacer / washer
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:41:48 -0700 (PDT)
Drat . . . sent the last one by mistake again.

Stupid Yahoo.

Anyway . .

The problem with my old overdrive has been found.

The special washer . spacer that goes between the two rear bearings on the tail
end of the OD was MISSING.

Apparently this washer comes in various thicknesses between .146" and .181" to
set the bearing pre-load or something.

They also are apparently not a normally stocked item anywhere . . . since
everyone else in the world remembers to KEEP their washer when the rebuild
their overdrive.

First question is . . .Does anyone have one they want to part with?

If it is too thick . .I can get it machined down.

If no one has one . .  . does anyone have one they could take OD and ID
measurements off of so I could get one made.

(I don't have the transmission with me . . it is at a friends place a hundred
miles away or so)

Thanks

Scott Tilton

1970 TR6 everyday.