TR6 fan belt size

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 fan belt size
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:35:58 -0400
Hi everyone,

Can someone explain to me how to interpret fan belt sizes?  I bought a
new fan belt for my 74.5 TR6 and it is too short and the profile seems
to be wrong.

It is not long enough to go around the crank pulley, water pump pulley,
and alternator pulley.  It would appear I need one about 4-6" longer
than the one I was provided.  I have a Delco alt on mine, not an
original Lucas so I guess the pulley may be in a different spot.

Also, the belt fits the water pump and alt pulley very well, but does
not seem to fit the crank pulley.  The inner cross section appears to be
too wide so the belt rides too high on the crank pulley.

The belt I was sold has AVX13x1125LA on it.  I think the 13 means 13mm
wide at the outer cross section, and I am guessing the 1125 is the
length (mm again)?

My old belt doesn't have any markings left on it so I can't simply get
another of the exact size.

Rob in Ottawa