TR4A shake rattle and roll

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A shake rattle and roll
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:02:22 EDT
Just finished running in my partial rebuild on my TR4A. Engine is running
nice and strong.
Now it is time to get rid of that annoying shimmy at 60 mph. I treated the
front tires to  a dynamic balancing, and that lessened the problem. Where
should I look now?
I have owned this car for 15 years. Maybe I should replace the shocks,
whether they need it or not?
This car is basically a driver, so not sure if it worth the extra dollars to
get performance shocks.
I am also toying with replacing the roll bar bushings. Not sure about rubber
vs. urethane.
I have sent a extra set of rear Armstrong Levers to World Wide Imports for a
rebuild.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A