Re: UV dye for leak tracing diff oil

To: "'aribert@c3net.net'" <aribert@c3net.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UV dye for leak tracing diff oil
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:38:06 -0600
Aribert,

Have you tried Eastwood yet?  I was recently looking at their website.
Heres a direct link:

http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?
<http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?&UID=20020807095806
83&SKW=TEN2&FNM=20> &UID=2002080709580683&SKW=TEN2&FNM=20

John - 1976 TR6

Aribert wrote:
Here is my question:  My local NAPA sells UV dye for engine oil and
coolant and trans (auto) fluid.  There apparently is no listing for gear

oil dye.  Does anyone know of a source of dye that is intended for gear
oil or can I use the dye intended for engine oil?  I am hesitant to use
the dye for engine oil for fear of diluting the gear oil properties.